SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH 2016 ▪ SHORT CREEK FARM, NORTHWOOD, NH
Please join us from 1 pm to 5 pm on Saturday, September 10th at Short Creek Farm (the barn at Winding Hill and Harmony Road) for an afternoon of activities that reflect our value of connecting people and nature and celebrate working together across our stone walls. The day will be a reflection of NALMC’s story of public and private neighbors talking about their values, enabling them to maintain and enhance the ecological, social, recreational, and economic resources of the local landscape.
In observation of NALMC’s roots and in reflection of NALMC’s value of community gathering and collaboration, the day will start with a potluck lunch at 1:00 pm with a short program beginning at 1:30 pm. Bring your appetite and if you can a dish to share.
Click HERE for the event program.
Children’s activities, demonstrations, field trips and live music will begin at 2:00:
- Children’s activities will focus on creativity, curiosity and exploring nature.
- Live Music provided by indie-rock band the Pullstarts, with NALMC’s own Jim Oehler.
- Discover wildlife and hunting on NH Fish & Game’s educational trailer.
- Watch a portable saw mill process logs that are incorporated into Leopold benches for Northwood Meadows State Park.
- Meet the farmers (and the animals) of Short Creek Farm and learn about their farming practices.
- Attend one field trip or all three! Field trips will be offered at every hour at 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00: learn about fall wild flowers, the watershed divide and habitat diversity.
The event is free and open to the public.